In contribution to this year’s NEON Festival, AIGA Hampton Roads + Sway are partnering to host SPARK — a juried exhibition & silent auction of posters celebrating the New Energy of Norfolk.
How this works
We want to see your interpretation of “the new energy of Norfolk” – how it currently is and your hopes for how it could be. With this in mind, design an 18” x 24” poster that only you could make!
The exhibition takes place along Magazine Lane during Norfolk’s annual NEON Festival. Top submissions will be printed, displayed, and held for silent auction at the exhibition on Friday, September 16. The proceeds of the silent auction benefit AIGA Hampton Road’s annual programming.
We are also happy to announce the following available awards:
- $250 to Best in Show: Awarded by the jury.
- $250 to People’s Choice: Awarded the night of the exhibition.
- $200 to Emerging Designer: Awarded to a student whose poster design demonstrates excellence in concept, execution, and the congruency between the work and the statement of intent. Sponsored by xTuple.
Monday, August 29 at 11:59pm.
Submitting your poster
- Your file should be set up to 18” x 24” with a .125” bleed and crop marks. We made Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign templates for you to download here: http://bit.do/spark-templates.
- Name your file with your first and last name. Example: Firstname-Lastname.pdf
- Have your artist statement & file ready, then go to http://bit.do/spark-submission to submit your work!
Is there a submission fee?
Can my submission be created in another medium?
Whatever your medium – we don’t mind. Make sure to send us a digital file at the correct size (18” x 24” with .125” bleed and crop marks) and we can print it for you.
Can I submit more than one design?
You can submit more than one design, though we may not exhibit more than one. You’ll have to submit an individual form for each design.
How will the posters be printed?
Selected submissions will be printed digitally.
How will I know if my poster will be included in the show?
All artists whose posters are selected will be notified by email by September 1.
Tell me more about the exhibition & silent auction.
Save the date! The exhibition & silent auction takes place on Friday, September 16 along Magazine Lane in Norfolk’s NEON District. More information will be publicized and posted on this page closer to the event.
How will the posters be auctioned?
By submitting artwork for this event, you are giving permission for us to print digital copies of your submission.
Contact Janice Pang at email@example.com.
Partners & Sponsors