We’re back, and it’s time to SPARK change with your creative designs.
AIGA Hampton Roads is hosting the 5th annual SPARK competition — a juried exhibition and competition of posters exploring the most pressing issues in our communities.
This Year’s Theme
This year has been quite the rollercoaster for many of us. For some, 2020 brought sparks of inspiration and positive change. For others, a platitude of crisis. This year, we’re reaching out to our creative community to ask for poster designs inspired by your 2020 year-in-review. Reflect on the past several months, and create a poster that uniquely showcases your experience.
Respond to the prompt with your 18″x24″ poster, and spark change with your design.
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT YOUR WORK!
WE’RE GOING DIGITAL!
As the primary source for creatives in Hampton Roads, AIGA advocates to inspire and support creatives through networking opportunities for like-minded individuals. In light of COVID-19, this year’s exhibition is taking place virtually via Zoom, Facebook Live, and Instagram Live.
Winning submissions will be awarded and professionally printed. Curated submissions will be displayed during the digital live event on Friday, October 30. These selections will be in the running for People’s Choice and printed copies will be available for purchase. Remember, you can only cast your vote for People’s Choice and purchase a curated design for your collection during our live event! Proceeds benefit AIGA Hampton Road’s annual programming.
We are also happy to announce the following available awards:
- Best in Show: Awarded by the jury to the entrant whose poster design demonstrates excellence in concept, execution, and the congruency between the work and the statement of intent.
- People’s Choice: Awarded the night of the exhibition.
- Emerging Designer: Awarded by the jury to a student entrant.
- Honorable Mentions: Awarded by the jury.
Adobe Creative Cloud Membership: Awarded at the live event.
Dates to Remember
Submission Deadline: Friday, October 23 at 11:59pm.
Live Digital Event: Friday, October 30th at 6:00PM
Join us via Zoom: https://aiga.zoom.us/j/94954232764
Join us via Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/aigahr
Join us via Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/aigahr/
Submitting Your Poster
- We made Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign templates for you to download here: http://bit.do/spark-templates.
- Name your file with your first and last name. Example: Firstname-Lastname.pdf
Have your artist statement & file ready, then click here to submit your work!
Is there a submission fee?
- Nope! All entrants have 1 free submission.
Can my submission be created in another medium?
- Whatever your medium – we don’t mind. Make sure to send us a digital file at the correct size (18” x 24” with .125” bleed and crop marks).
Tell me more about the digital live event.
- Save the date! The digital event takes place on Friday, October 30 via Zoom, FB Live, & IG Live. Curated submissions will be displayed and printed copies will be available for purchase. Proceeds benefit AIGA Hampton Roads annual programming.
More questions? Contact us at email@example.com.